There are times when it may be necessary to run a background check on a minor. Most commonly, background checks are run by companies that hire minors – considered to be anyone under the age of 18 in the U.S. – just as they would do when recruiting an adult. Of course, it’s perfectly legal to run a background check on an adult, but is it legal to run one on a minor?
The answer is yes, but on the condition that there is written consent given from the minor’s parent or guardian. That’s because minors aren’t able to enter legally-binding agreements themselves, meaning they won’t be able to give consent. Of course, this affects the results you will obtain. For example, since a minor isn’t able to enter a legally-binding contract then you’re unlikely to find out anything about a minor’s credit score. Criminal records are a large part of background checks as well, but juvenile court records aren’t released to the public. However, it is possible to find out about a minor’s education history and past employment, allowing companies to obtain references.
The Best Background Check Services of 2023
- Can Background Checks Be Done on Minors?
- Do I Need Permission To Run a Background Check on Someone Else?
- Does a Background Check Include a Credit Report?
- Does a Background Check Include a Driving Record?
- Does a Background Check Include a Drug Test?
- Does a Background Check Include Tax Records?
- Does a Background Check Reveal Immigration Status?
- How Can I Do a Background Check?
- How Can I Remove My Name From Background Check Websites?
- How Far Back Do Background Checks Go?
- How Long Does a Background Check Take?
- How Much Does a Background Check Cost?
- Is a Background Check Legal?
- What Information Does a Background Check Show?
- What Is a Background Check?
- Will a Background Check Show My Employment History?
Get the Best Deals on Background Checks
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to get the best deals, free trials and discounts on background checks.