There are two main ways of running a background check: either do it yourself or enlist a dedicated background check service to do the hard work for you.
You can find out a large amount of background information yourself including names, email addresses, and criminal records. It’s possible to learn a lot about a person just by typing their name into a search engine or looking at their social media profiles – it’s a useful thing to try with your own details to know what others can see about you. For more detailed information there are also public records that anyone can access. This is particularly useful when you’re looking for a person’s criminal records, which can either be done by going to a court office in person or accessing them online. It’s worth noting that not every county has its public records digitized yet.
The other option is to use a specialist background check service to do all the leg work instead. Although this method comes at a price, it will save you a lot of time and effort. Indeed, background check services have instant access to millions (sometimes billions) of records already. Of course, what shows up depends on the type of background check you’re doing and who you’re running it on. For example, if you’re running a background check on yourself, you won’t have to worry about getting consent for things like credit reports. If you’re looking for someone’s criminal records you’ll get nationwide results, so you won’t be restricted by local public records. Then there are services that specialize in running background checks just for businesses and landlords. So, when it comes to background check services there’s a solution for everyone.
The Best Background Check Services of 2020
- Does a Background Check Include a Credit Report?
- Does a Background Check Include a Driving Record?
- Does a Background Check Reveal Immigration Status?
- How Can I Do a Background Check?
- How Can I Remove My Name From Background Check Websites?
- How Far Back Do Background Checks Go?
- How Long Does a Background Check Take?
- How Much Does a Background Check Cost?
- Is a Background Check Legal?
- What Information Does a Background Check Show?
- What Is a Background Check?
- Will a Background Check Show My Employment History?